This position is responsible for assisting in the design and development of our next generation product as well as assisting in the deployment and maintenance of our current product.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality;
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests;
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives;
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers;
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms;
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools;
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Post-secondary education in computer science, software design or related field;
- 4 – 8 years of Java development experience;
- Experience working with high performance real-time applications;
- Good knowledge of multi-threaded Java applications;
- Developing in a Solaris environment;
- Oracle database and SQL exposure;
- Experience with Telecom related software (SS7 and SIGTRAN an asset);
- iPhone, Blackberry and Android development experience;
- Good working knowledge of Eclipse;
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills;
- Resilience and ability to cope effectively under pressure;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Experience with mobile payment applications is an asset;
- Experience with XML, JAXB and SOAP is an asset;
- Knowledge of GWT or other AJAX technologies is an asset.
Note: Don't forget to attach your resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maximizing Mobile Transactions
Imagine what we can do together