The Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for assisting in the deployment and maintenance of our current and next generation product.
- Installs and upgrades the database server and application tools;
- Allocates system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system;
- Modifies the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers;
- Enrolls users and maintaining system security;
- Ensures compliance with database vendor license agreement;
- Controls and monitors user access to the database;
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of the database;
- Plans for backup and recovery of database information;
- Maintains archived data;
- Backs up and restores databases;
- Contacts database vendor for technical support;
- Generates various reports by querying from database as per need;
- Manages and monitors data replication.
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information systems or related discipline;
- 5 – 10 years working as an Oracle database administrator using latest Oracle versions;
- Experience installing Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC);
- Experience installing Oracle Data Guard;
- Skilled in Oracle database performance tuning and query optimization;
- Experience in database partitioning, Oracle utilities (data pump, export, import, etc.);
- Experience in working with large size/high volume databases with 99.99% availability;
- Experience with restructuring and data migration to support major application upgrade;
- Experience in version controlling, testing and debugging application bugs and problems;
- Familiarity with monitoring database size, tablespaces, indexes, error logs etc.;
- Good knowledge of Solaris;
- Experience writing shell/bash scripts;
- Skilled in troubleshooting techniques;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Resilience and ability to cope effectively under pressure.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, developing and implementing back-end databases is an asset;
- Experience in PL/SQL programming;
- Experience in version controlling with CVS using Eclipse;
- Experience in Java Development;
- Familiarity with the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
Note: Don't forget to attach your resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maximizing Mobile Transactions
Imagine what we can do together