Help transform the mobile digital economy.
Our goal is to provide Financial Freedom. Anywhere.
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions and make a difference in the lives of people. Where your talents are nurtured and cultivated, and where you work with leading edge and innovative technology. Our technology helps support financial inclusion in emerging markets around the globe.
What employees say about Telepin:
“I joined Telepin because I wanted to make a difference in the world, not just produce something but help others in developing countries.” - Technical Sales Engineer
“We are not just producing software, but something that can help others that need help. This is a company I am proud to work for.” - Solutions Architect
Our Core Values:
- Proud Ownership
- Progressive Insights
- Pragmatic Agility
We want to hear from you:
We always love to hear from great talent! If you are interested in working at Telepin, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director Finance and Administration
Director Finance and Administration
Telepin Software Systems Inc., located in Ottawa, Canada is an innovative leader of digital transaction infrastructure software, providing mobile operators with the most efficient and cost-effective way to launch a digital transaction platform. Our customers use our software to launch a digital wallet system that provides mobile financial services and mobile payments, loyalty and promotions, and electronic vouchers and ticketing. Telepin develops and delivers a full turn-key system from the transaction based platform, analytical reporting, and mobile applications.
Telepin Software Systems Inc. is an operating subsidiary of the Volaris Group which is an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. Volaris is all about strengthening businesses within the markets they compete and enabling them to grow – whether that growth comes through organic measures such as new initiatives and product development, day-to-day business, or through complementary acquisitions.
Telepin is truly an international organization and has gathered together some of the best people globally from the telecommunications and financial services industry to help us build the company.
Responsible for day to day accounting and finance functions at Telepin including:
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS and Corporate policy in all areas
- AR and AP, invoicing, processing collecting/paying in a supervisory and escalation role – including negotiation and management of requirements for legal advice
- WIP/Unearned/Unbilled analysis, proactively working with Professional Services (and other stakeholders) to maximize WC and ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Prepare/oversee preparation of all month-end closing financial entries
- Monthly and quarterly financial close, adhering to strict timelines of a public company
- Monthly and quarterly financial analysis to roll up to CFO and parent company
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Manage internal and external audits
Be an active business partner to Professional Services and Engineering to develop and implement project control systems and ensure a good flow of accurate information.
Analyze and provide feedback on RFI’s and contracts to ensure they appropriately contribute to our revenue and WC plans.
IT and Facilities report into this role.
Tools: Great Plains, BPC, Salesforce, Cloud Coach, Workday.
- Must have a CPA accounting designation
- 7 – 10 years of Accounting experience, 2 – 3 years of previous experience as a Controller or Assistant Controller in a technology company, preferably supervising staff
- IFRS and internal control experience
- Experience creating budget and forecast models, and performing analysis of actuals to forecast
- Project Management expertise with a proven track record of successful execution
- Ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with non-finance groups
- Works collaboratively and relates effectively to others by consulting with employees, colleagues, partners, clients, users and stakeholders
- Past experience in a large ERP system as well as a high comfort level around multiple software packages
What can we offer you?
Telepin is a fast paced growing environment. We know that our success results from our workforce. You will work with outstanding people that provide a wide range of solutions powering 45 million digital wallets in unique and innovative markets in the South East Asia, Middle East, Africa, and the Americas.
Telepin offers employees the freedom to work in exciting environments that best suit your skills and ambitions and encourage success among all employees by offering:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- A collaborative, creative, team environment
- Travel (select positions)
Great minds like to work with great minds!
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in joining the team!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our company please visit: www.telepin.com
What can we offer you?
Telepin offers employees the freedom to work in exciting environments and emerging markets. We offer the opportunity to make an impact in the global mobile digital economy. An impact that changes the lives of the end users of our products. Read our impact stories and case studies to see how you can make a difference.
We encourage success among all employees by offering:
Competitive compensation and benefits
Professional development opportunities
Flexible work arrangements
A collaborative, creative, team environment
Travel (select positions)